If you have not heard about the WhatsApp payment feature then you are in the right place. WhatsApp has added a payment feature in the messenger for some time now. In this article, we will show you how to add your bank account in WhatsApp so that you can either send or receive money over a unified payments interface (UPI).
In WhatsApp, setting up the Payments for UPI transactions is easy. What you need is just a bank account associated with a mobile number. The mobile number must be the same number as your WhatsApp account. So let’s begin with the article on how to add your bank account in WhatsApp?.
You can either send money or receive money through WhatsApp after you’ve added your bank account to this application.
In order to add your bank account in WhatsApp, you will need an active bank account at an Indian bank that supports the UPI i.e. Unified Payment Interface feature. The primary mobile number associated with this bank account must be the same number associated with your WhatsApp account.
How to add your bank account in WhatsApp?
In order to add your bank account, just follow the steps mentioned below-
1. Tap the More options icon > Settings > Payments > Add new account.
3. Tap the Verify via SMS option. Then tap on Allow. If you have already given permission to WhatsApp to make and manage phone calls then you don’t have to grant permission.
4. You will see a list of banks on the screen. Just tap the name of your bank from the list.
5. You will then need to tap the bank account that you want to add to send and receive payments with WhatsApp.
6. Then finally tap on Done.
1. In order to send money, you will also need to verify the last 6 digits of your bank account debit card and the expiration date of the card.
3. During this whole process of adding your bank account, if you don’t see your bank in the list then it means it may not be supported.
WhatsApp payments use UPI (unified payments interface) and support most major banks. The phone number associated with your WhatsApp Messenger account is used to identify your bank account information in order to enable payments.
- How to add and remove group participants on WhatsApp?
- How to use live location on WhatsApp?
- Enable Dark Mode in WhatsApp
- How to manage your notifications on WhatsApp?
- How to unblock yourself on WhatsApp?
- Important things about WhatsApp chats Archive feature
- How to exit and delete groups in WhatsApp?
- How to read WhatsApp messages without letting your sender know?
- WhatsApp now comes with Fingerprint lock
- How to clear chats in WhatsApp?
- How to make a WhatsApp Group Video call?
- Cool WhatsApp Tips and Tricks You Must Know
- How to back up to Google Drive in WhatsApp?
- How to edit a WhatsApp broadcast list?