There is an interesting feature in WhatsApp, included in the feature list, which is to add status to your WhatsApp profile. In this article, we will tell you about how to add WhatsApp status? But before this, we would like to give you some information about this feature.
What is WhatsApp status?
This feature allows you to share photos, text, animated GIFs, and videos. But this would disappear automatically after 24 hours as it the time is set by WhatsApp. You can’t change this 24 hours timeline. In order to view someone’s status update, you need to tap the Status tab before selecting a contact’s status. And if you want to reply to one of your contact’s status updates, just tap on the ‘Reply’ option at the bottom of the display while viewing their status.
When was this feature introduced?
This feature was introduced in February 2017. Since then, this app has managed to achieve more than 450 million daily active users of the ‘WhatsApp Status’ feature. This is even more than Snapchat.
How to add WhatsApp Status?
In order to add a status, just follow these simple steps-
Step 1: Go to the “STATUS” screen as shown in the image below-
Step 2: Choose between the camera or an existing media from the picker. Choose Camera if you want to take a new photo or a new video, or choose existing media to add photo or video from your smartphone gallery. You can also add a caption as well as personalize the status updates by adding emojis.
Step 3: Tap the Send button.
- How to change your WhatsApp status Privacy settings?
- Hide your WhatsApp profile photo in your Device
- Enable Dark Mode in WhatsApp
- How to unblock yourself on WhatsApp?
- How to read WhatsApp messages without letting your sender know?
- WhatsApp’s Latest update to sign into multiple smartphones
- How to use WhatsApp on your PC?
- Important things about WhatsApp chats Archive feature
- How to delete the WhatsApp broadcast list?
- WhatsApp now comes with a Fingerprint lock
- How to block or unblock a contact on WhatsApp?
- How to make a WhatsApp Group Video call?
- Cool WhatsApp Tips and Tricks You Must Know
- How to make a WhatsApp Group Voice call?
- How to create a WhatsApp broadcast group?
- WhatsApp increases group call limit
- How to edit a WhatsApp broadcast list?
- How to mute WhatsApp messages sound?