Today, almost everyone who has a smartphone and access to the Internet uses WhatsApp. Since the day WhatsApp was launched, the team behind WhatsApp has introduced many amazing features that support millions of messages. But the real question is How many people hold on to those conversations? What if your phone crashes or you lost it? Then, in that case, you will lose all the messages, some of them could be very important. However, there is no need to worry. This amazing app gives you a feature to treasure your messages by Archiving them. Now you must be thinking How to Archive WhatsApp chats? How to unarchive the archived chat? Where do I find the archived chat? Do we really need it? This article is consists of some Important things about WhatsApp chats Archive feature.
To uncover the answers to these questions, you must read the whole article.
This feature is present in the Settings for a very long time, you may have seen it but never really used it. It is really a powerful feature with many benefits. Well, don’t worry we will explain everything.
SEE ALSO – How to Enable Fingerprint in WhatsApp?
What is the WhatsApp Archive feature?
The WhatsApp Archive Chat feature allows you to hide a conversation from your Chats screen and access it later if needed. You can archive either group chats or individual chats to better organize your conversations.
Archiving Chat neither means deleting the chat nor does it back up the chat to iCloud.
How to Archive WhatsApp Chats?
To archive the chats in Android follow the steps mentioned below:
FOR ANDROID USERS:
1. Tap and hold onto any chat you want to archive.
2. You will then see some icons on the top-right side corner.
3. Then, tap on the archive icon.
FOR iOS USERS:
1. Go to Chats.
2. Then, go to Specific chat.
3. Then Swipe right to left and choose the Archive option.
Where Do I find the Archived Chat?
1. Just Scroll down to the bottom of the WhatsApp chats. There you will see a link “Archived” as shown below –
2. Tap on the Archived link, and you will be re-directed to the Archived Chats list.
How to Unarchive the archived chats?
It is very simple to unarchive the chats that you have archived.
1. Go to the Archived chats list. (follow step 2, Where Do I find the Archived Chat?)
2. Tap and hold the particular chat you want to unarchive. You will then see some icons on the top-right side corner.
3. Then, tap on the Unarchive Icon and you are done.
Will I still receive messages from archived chats?
The answer to this question is Yes. Once you archive a chat, it simply hides it from the main chat screen and nothing else. So, whenever you receive new messages in the archived chat, you will be notified about it. After that, the same conversation thread will reappear in the main chat list. It gets unarchived automatically.
Does archiving chats effects online status?
The online status of your WhatsApp is not affected by archiving the chats. Thus, the answer to this question is simply NO.
How to Archive all chats?
WhatsApp also allows you to archive all the chats at once instead of archiving one by one.
1. Go to WhatsApp settings by tapping the three dots on the top-right side corner.
2. Once you have entered the Settings page. Then go to Chats > Chat history > Archive all chats.
- Hide your WhatsApp profile photo in your Device
- Enable Dark Mode in WhatsApp
- How to unblock yourself on WhatsApp?
- How to read WhatsApp messages without letting your sender know?
- WhatsApp’s Latest update to sign into multiple smartphones
- How to use WhatsApp on your PC?
- WhatsApp now comes with Fingerprint lock
- Cool WhatsApp Tips and Tricks You Must Know
- How to block or unblock a contact on WhatsApp?