In 2017, WhatsApp added a replacement feature that helps the method of adjusting your phone number. The Change Number feature allows you to change your number linked together with your WhatsApp account on your same phone. WhatsApp also offers the convenience to tell all of your contacts what your new number is so that you are doing not need to undergo the effort of messaging all of them individually. This guide will tell you How to change the number in WhatsApp safely without losing the chats.
If you use the Change Number feature in WhatsApp then following things will happen:
- Migrate your account information (including your profile information), groups and settings from your old telephone number to your new phone number; and
- Delete the account linked to your old number, so your contacts can not see your old number in their lists of WhatsApp contacts.
If you employ our Change Number feature, your chat history will still be available on your phone with the new telephone number as long as you continue using an equivalent phone.
It is advisable that you simply inform your WhatsApp contacts about your new telephone number before using the Change Number feature. Before you start the method, confirm that your new telephone number can receive SMS and/or calls and has a lively data connection. Also, your old telephone number should be verified in WhatsApp on your phone.
Do the following before starting the Change Number process–
- Make sure your new number can receive SMS or calls and has a lively data connection.
- Make sure that your old number is currently verified in WhatsApp on your phone. You’ll see what number is verified in WhatsApp by navigating to WhatsApp > More options > Settings and tapping on your profile photo.
Note: Once you change your WhatsApp number, your contacts won’t individually be told of the change. Only participants that share group chats with you’ll see that you simply changed your number. For a seamless messaging experience, notify your contacts that your number is going to be changing before you start this process.
How to change the number in WhatsApp?
In order to change your WhatsApp phone number, follow these steps:
1. First, insert a new SIM Card on your smartphone. Then open the WhatsApp application in your device.
2. Tap the More options icon and go to “Settings“.
3. Go to Account > Change Number. Then tap on “Next”.
4. Enter your old phone number and enter your new phone number with country code in the top box. Then tap on “Next”.
5. Now you will see a new window which will ask you to choose to Notify your contacts or not.
- If you switch on Notify Contacts, you’ll choose if you would like to notify All contacts, Contacts I even have chats with or Custom.
- If you decide on Custom, you’ll get to look for or select the contacts you would like to notify > tap Done.
6. Tap DONE.
7. You’ll be prompted to verify your new phone number.
- How to change your WhatsApp status Privacy settings?
- Hide your WhatsApp profile photo in your Device
- Enable Dark Mode in WhatsApp
- How to unblock yourself on WhatsApp?
- How to read WhatsApp messages without letting your sender know?
- WhatsApp’s Latest update to sign into multiple smartphones
- How to use WhatsApp on your PC?
- Important things about WhatsApp chats Archive feature
- How to delete WhatsApp broadcast list?
- WhatsApp now comes with Fingerprint lock
- How to block or unblock a contact on WhatsApp?
- How to make a WhatsApp Group Video call?
- Cool WhatsApp Tips and Tricks You Must Know
- How to make a WhatsApp Group Voice call?
- How to create a WhatsApp broadcast group?
- WhatsApp increases group call limit
- How to edit a WhatsApp broadcast list?
- How to mute WhatsApp messages sound?
- WhatsApp Status Privacy Options