WhatsApp allows you to either send media and receive media such as documents, videos, audio, etc. Whenever you receive any type of media in WhatsApp, by default, it will automatically download images over your internet connection to provide you with quick access to your latest pictures. But you can always choose whether you want auto download or not. In this blog, we will show you how to configure auto-download in WhatsApp?
To configure automatic video, photo, or audio downloading, just follow these simple steps-
1. Open your WhatsApp. Then tap the More Options icon. Go to Settings > Data and storage usage > Media auto-download as shown in the images below-
How to configure auto-download in WhatsApp?
In Media auto-download, you will see three cases i.e. When using mobile data, connected on Wi-Fi, and on roaming. And in all these three cases you will get more options such as,
A) When using mobile data
The selected media type will be automatically downloaded when you are connected to mobile data.
B) When connected on Wi-Fi
The selected media type will be automatically downloaded when you are connected to your WiFi.
C) When roaming
The selected media type will be automatically downloaded when you are roaming.
Note: By enabling this auto-download feature when roaming you might increase your charges since roaming data is often expensive.
All the automatically downloaded media will show up in your smartphone gallery.
- How to manage conversation tones?
- How to change your WhatsApp status Privacy settings?
- Hide your WhatsApp profile photo in your Device
- How to use two-step verification on WhatsApp?
- How to unblock yourself on WhatsApp?
- Important things about WhatsApp chats Archive feature
- How to delete WhatsApp broadcast list?
- WhatsApp now comes with Fingerprint lock
- How to block or unblock a contact on WhatsApp?
- Cool WhatsApp Tips and Tricks You Must Know
- WhatsApp increases group call limit
- How to edit a WhatsApp broadcast list?
- WhatsApp Status Privacy Options