You can delete your WhatsApp account from within the app itself. But keep in mind that deleting your account is a process that can’t be undone. It means that you can’t revert even if you perform it by accident. But still, if you want to do it but don’t the steps to do it, then in this article we will teach you how to delete your WhatsApp account?.
Read Also, How to edit your profile in WhatsApp?
How to delete your WhatsApp account?
In order to delete your account permanently, just follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Open your WhatsApp application. Tap on the More options icon > Settings.
2. Tap on Account under the Settings option. Then tap on Delete my account option.
4. Enter your phone number in the given text box in full international format and tap DELETE MY ACCOUNT.
5. Then you must select a reason for why you’re deleting your account from the drop-down list.
6. Tap the DELETE MY ACCOUNT option.
Read Also, How to Verify your number on WhatsApp?
What will happen if you delete your WhatsApp account?
1. This will permanently delete your account.
2. It will erase all your message history.
3. It will also delete you from all of your joined WhatsApp groups.
4. Your Google Drive backup will also be erased.
5. It will take around 90 days from the beginning of the deletion process to delete all your WhatsApp information. The backup of your information may also remain after the 90 days in the backup storage. This is done in order to recover data in the case of a disaster, software error, or other data loss event.
6. The WhatsApp company may also keep your personal information for things like terms violations, legal issues, or harm prevention efforts.
7. Deleting your account will not affect the information other users have such as the messages, media, pics, or documents that you have sent them.
- How to send money on WhatsApp?
- How to Receive money on WhatsApp?
- Enable Dark Mode in WhatsApp
- How to manage your notifications on WhatsApp?
- How to unblock yourself on WhatsApp?
- Important things about WhatsApp chats Archive feature
- How to edit your profile in WhatsApp?
- How to read WhatsApp messages without letting your sender know?
- WhatsApp now comes with Fingerprint lock
- How to clear chats in WhatsApp?
- How to make a WhatsApp Group Video call?
- Cool WhatsApp Tips and Tricks You Must Know
- How to back up to Google Drive in WhatsApp?
- How to add your bank account in WhatsApp?