If you are a WhatsApp user, the types of formatting you can apply during a chat are bold, italics, strikethrough, and monospacing. In order to apply the formatting manually, you would like to put specific punctuation on either side of a word (or series of words). If you do not know how to format your WhatsApp messages then you are in the right place. In order to learn about formatting WhatsApp messages, keep reading this article till the end.
WhatsApp allows you to format text inside your chat messages. This feature is available by default in WhatsApp thus there’s no option to disable this feature.
To make your chat words italic simply put an underscore (_) behind the word and also at the end of it. For e.g. _hello_. This will make the word italic like this “hello“.
To make your chat words bold simply put an asterisk (*) behind the word and also at the end of it. For e.g. *hello*. This will make the word bold like this “hello“.
In order to make your chat words strikethrough simply put a tilde (~) behind the word and also at the end of it. For e.g. ~hello~. This will make a strike through the word like this “
To monospace your WhatsApp message, just place three backticks on both sides of the text or word as shown below-
Note: Alternatively, you can also use shortcuts on Android and iPhone.
Android: Tap and hold the text you’re entering in the text field, then choose Bold, Italic, or More options icon. Tap the More options icon to choose Strikethrough or Monospace.
iPhone: Tap the text > Select or Select All > B_I_U. Then, choose Bold, Strikethrough, Italic, or Monospace.
- How to add and remove group participants on WhatsApp?
- How to use live location on WhatsApp?
- Enable Dark Mode in WhatsApp
- How to manage your notifications on WhatsApp?
- How to unblock yourself on WhatsApp?
- Important things about WhatsApp chats Archive feature
- How to exit and delete groups in WhatsApp?
- How to read WhatsApp messages without letting your sender know?
- WhatsApp now comes with Fingerprint lock
- How to clear chats in WhatsApp?
- How to make a WhatsApp Group Video call?
- Cool WhatsApp Tips and Tricks You Must Know
- How to back up to Google Drive in WhatsApp?
- How to edit a WhatsApp broadcast list?