WhatsApp, in 2017, renovated the Status feature. It is similar to Instagram and Snapchat. WhatsApp Status is a feature that allows you to share text, photo, video, and GIF updates. But the status you upload will disappear after 24 hours. Learn also about how to add a WhatsApp Status. You can also change your WhatsApp status Privacy settings. However, did you know that you also have the ability to delete your Status posts before they’re removed naturally? Here is everything you need to know about how to delete a status update in WhatsApp?.
What is a WhatsApp status?
This feature allows you to share photos, text, animated GIFs, and videos. But this would disappear automatically after 24 hours as it the time is set by WhatsApp. You can’t change this 24 hours timeline. In order to view someone’s status update, you need to tap the Status tab before selecting a contact’s status. And if you want to reply to one of your contact’s status updates, just tap on the ‘Reply’ option at the bottom of the display while viewing their status.
How to delete a status update in WhatsApp?
In order to delete a status update in WhatsApp simply follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Open Whatsapp messenger on your smartphone.
Step 2: Next go to the STATUS tab.
Step 3: Tap on your status. Then tap on the More options icon next to the status update. Then tap on “Delete”.
Step 4: You see a pop up asking for the confirmation to delete your WhatsApp status as shown in the image below. Tap on Delete to delete your WhatsApp status permanently.
- How to unblock yourself on WhatsApp?
- How to read WhatsApp messages without letting your sender know?
- Important things about WhatsApp chats Archive feature
- How to use status in WhatsApp?
- WhatsApp now comes with a Fingerprint lock
- How to block or unblock a contact on WhatsApp?
- How to share QR code in WhatsApp?
- Use the Catalog feature on WhatsApp
- How to reset the QR code in WhatsApp?
- WhatsApp increases group call limit
- How to edit a WhatsApp broadcast list?
- How to mute WhatsApp messages sound?