Last year in October, WhatsApp rolled out the much sought after feature, ‘Delete for everyone’. You can delete messages only for yourself or request that messages be deleted for everyone. In this article, we will show you how to delete messages on WhatsApp for yourself or for everyone.
How to delete messages on WhatsApp?
Delete messages for everyone
Deleting messages for everybody allows you to delete specific messages you’ve sent to a private or group chat. This is often particularly useful if you sent a message to the incorrect chat or if the message you sent contains an error.
After the messages have been successfully deleted for everyone you will see the message- “You deleted this message“.
In order to delete messages for everyone, just follow these simple steps,
- Open your WhatsApp messenger. Go to the individual chat containing the message you want to delete.
- Tap and hold the message you want to delete from the chat. You can also select more messages to delete multiple messages at a time.
- Tap the Delete icon > Delete for everyone.
1. In order to use this “deleted for everyone” feature, you and your contacts must be on the latest version of WhatsApp.
2. iOS WhatsApp Recipients may still have media you sent saved to their Photos, even after the message is deleted from the chat.
3. Recipients might see your message before it’s deleted or if deletion wasn’t successful.
4. You won’t be notified if deleting for everyone wasn’t successful.
5. You only have about 30 minutes after you’ve sent a message to request to Delete for Everyone.
Delete messages for yourself
You can delete your copy of the messages you’ve sent or received from your phone. This has no impact on your recipients’ chats. Your recipients will still see the messages on their chat screen.
In order to delete messages for yourself, just follow these simple steps,
- Open your WhatsApp messenger. Go to the particular chat containing the message you wish to delete.
- Tap and hold the message you want to delete from chat. You can also select multiple messages to delete multiple messages at once.
- Tap the Deleteicon > Delete for me.
- How to use live location on WhatsApp?
- How to manage your notifications on WhatsApp?
- Hide your WhatsApp profile photo in your Device
- Enable Dark Mode in WhatsApp
- How to unblock yourself on WhatsApp?
- How to read WhatsApp messages without letting your sender know?
- WhatsApp’s Latest update to sign into multiple smartphones
- How to use WhatsApp on your PC?
- Important things about WhatsApp chats Archive feature
- WhatsApp now comes with Fingerprint lock
- How to block or unblock a contact on WhatsApp?
- How to make a WhatsApp Group Video call?
- Cool WhatsApp Tips and Tricks You Must Know
- How to make a WhatsApp Group Voice call?
- How to create a WhatsApp broadcast group?
- WhatsApp increases group call limit
- How to edit a WhatsApp broadcast list?