WhatsApp has a great feature of doing voice and video calls over the internet. In WhatsApp, the feature of Video and Voice Calling lets you do a video call or Voice call your contacts for free. This will work even if your contact is in another country. WhatsApp calling feature utilizes your phone’s Internet connection rather than your cellular plan’s voice minutes but data charges may apply. But do you know that you can switch between Voice and Video call without disconnecting the call?. If you want to read more about how to switch between video and voice calls in WhatsApp then keep reading this article till the end.
More on WhatsApp
- How to make a WhatsApp Group Voice call?
- How to make a WhatsApp Group Video call?
- Send voice messages on WhatsApp
How to switch between video and voice calls in WhatsApp?
A) Switch from a Voice to a Video call
Now suppose if you are on the voice call with someone in your WhatsApp and you want to do a video call to the same person without disconnecting the voice call then you must do the following to make it happen:
1. While you are on the voice call, tap the Video call icon > SWITCH.
2. The contact you are voice calling will see a request to switch to a video call mode and can accept or decline the switch depending on his choice.
B) Switch from a Video to a Voice call
1. While you are on the voice call, tap the Video off icon, which will notify the contact you are doing a video call with.
2. As soon as the contact turns their video off, the call will be switched to a voice call mode.
Make sure you and your contact have strong internet connections when placing or receiving group video calls. Since the quality of the video call will depend on the internet connection. A strong internet connection will give you the best video call quality otherwise you will see a blurred image while video calling. The video calling feature is only available on Android phones running on 4.1 version or newer.
- Hide your WhatsApp profile photo in your Device
- Enable Dark Mode in WhatsApp
- How to unblock yourself on WhatsApp?
- How to read WhatsApp messages without letting your sender know?
- WhatsApp’s Latest update to sign into multiple smartphones
- How to use WhatsApp on your PC?
- Important things about WhatsApp chats Archive feature
- How to delete WhatsApp broadcast list?
- WhatsApp now comes with Fingerprint lock
- How to block or unblock a contact on WhatsApp?
- How to create a WhatsApp broadcast group?
- WhatsApp increases group call limit
- How to edit a WhatsApp broadcast list?
- How to mute WhatsApp messages sound?
- Cool WhatsApp Tips and Tricks You Must Know
- How to share QR code in WhatsApp?
- Use the Catalog feature on WhatsApp
- How to reset the QR code in WhatsApp?