WhatsApp, in 2017, renovated the Status feature. It is now similar to Instagram and Snapchat Stories, while the old feature is simply called “About”. WhatsApp Status is a feature that allows you to share text, photo, video, and GIF updates. But there is a catch which is that the status you upload will disappear after 24 hours. In order to receive and send status updates from and to your contacts, you and your contacts must have each other’s phone numbers saved in your phone’s address books. Here is everything you need to know about how to use status in WhatsApp?.
How to create and send a status update?
Step 1: Go to the “STATUS” screen as shown in the image below-
Step 2: Tap on the following options to create your WhatsApp status:
- Tap on the Text icon to compose a written status update. You can also tap the Emoji icon to add emoji or GIFs, T to pick a font, or Color to pick a background color.
- Tap on the Camera icon or My status to take a photo, record a video, or GIF or choose an existing photo, video, or GIF from the picker. You can also add a caption to the selected pic or video or make edits to the photo, video, or GIF.
Step 3: Finally, tap on the Send icon to set your WhatsApp status.
How to view or reply to a status update?
- To view your contact’s status updates simply tap the STATUS tab. Then you need to tap the contact’s status update.
- In order to reply to a contact’s status update, tap REPLY while viewing it.
- How to use call waiting in WhatsApp?
- Hide your WhatsApp profile photo in your Device
- Enable Dark Mode in WhatsApp
- How to unblock yourself on WhatsApp?
- How to read WhatsApp messages without letting your sender know?
- WhatsApp’s Latest update to sign into multiple smartphones
- How to use WhatsApp on your PC?
- Important things about WhatsApp chats Archive feature
- WhatsApp now comes with a Fingerprint lock
- How to block or unblock a contact on WhatsApp?
- How to share QR code in WhatsApp?
- Use the Catalog feature on WhatsApp
- How to reset the QR code in WhatsApp?
- WhatsApp increases group call limit
- How to edit a WhatsApp broadcast list?
- How to mute WhatsApp messages sound?