The Command Prompt i.e. CMD is a very powerful tool in Windows. It can be used for many purposes such as troubleshooting and fixing problems in any Windows version. Now sometimes you get into a situation where when you are installing Windows and you need to perform minor tasks such as- Check the available disk space, convert partition type to NTFS, check directory items, list Volumes, etc. You must be thinking that how you will be able to perform such tasks while installing windows, but that’s not the case. It is very easy to open Command Prompt during Windows Installation. If you want to learn about How to open Command Prompt while installing Windows? then you must read this carefully.
This article will guide you on how to open Command Prompt while installing Windows whether it is Windows 7/8/8.1/10. Now lets being with it.
Open Command Prompt during Windows Installation
Now to open Command prompt during Windows installation first what you need is a Windows Installation media such as CD or Windows bootable USB device like Pendrive.
Note: If you don’t have the Windows Installation media then we suggest you make one since without that media you won’t be able to do anything.
But don’t worry, you can create the Windows Installation media using Microsoft’s media creation tools.
To process further, follow these steps:
1. Download the Windows 10 media creation tool from Microsoft software download website and then run it.
2. Then you have to select Create installation media for another PC.
3. Then you must choose the language of your choice, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).
4. Finally, follow the steps to create installation media, and then select Finish.
Read Also, Windows 10 Important Useful Features
Then you need to insert the Windows installation media and restart your Laptop or Desktop from it.
After your computer boots up, you will then Windows Setup appears, press Shift + F10 keys together on the keyboard. This will open the command prompt window as shown in the image below-
If you haven’t upgraded your Windows to Windows 10 then you can download the Windows 10 .iso file from the official website of Microsoft from here.
Read Also, How to solve File Explorer slow working?
Here’s what your existing window will look like after you have upgraded your system to Windows 10,
- How to set up Cortana on Windows 10?
- Windows 10 important useful features
- Windows 10 hibernate option in the start menu
- How to customize the Windows sleep mode setting?
- Create a system restore point in Windows 10
- How to Backup and restore the registry in Windows 10?
- How to enter BIOS Windows 7/8/10?
- Enable Num Lock On restart or startup in Windows 10
- Windows Power and Sleep Options
- File Explorer is Working Very Slow – SOLVED
- How to customize the Windows 10 Start Menu?
- Recover Windows using System Restore Point
- Hide your WhatsApp profile photo in your Device
- Enable Dark Mode in WhatsApp
- How to unblock yourself on WhatsApp?
- How to read WhatsApp messages without letting your sender know?
- WhatsApp’s Latest update to sign into multiple smartphones
- How to use WhatsApp on your PC?
- Important things about WhatsApp chats Archive feature
- WhatsApp now comes with Fingerprint lock
- Cool WhatsApp Tips and Tricks You Must Know
- How to block or unblock a contact on WhatsApp?