Among the users, WhatsApp has become the most popular messaging application. It lets you send messages over an internet connection and also allows you to video call to your partner or friends. But sometimes you get stuck in an awkward situation when you wanted to read a message but did not want to reply nor let the sender know you read it. Now, you might be thinking that how’s that even possible? As soon as you open WhatsApp and read that message, the sender will get a blue tick on his/her side. Now the question that comes in your mind is how to read WhatsApp messages without letting your sender know? Well, there are ways available that will let you read a WhatsApp message without letting the sender know.
In this very article, we will teach you some methods that will help you out to avoid such situations. Read this whole article carefully and learn how to read WhatsApp messages without letting your sender know?.
Method 1 – Turn On the Airplane Mode
WhatsApp displays a double blue tick once the receiver has read a message as shown above in the image. But sometimes you get stuck in an awkward scenario where you want to read that message but don’t want the sender to get this blue tick intimation notifying that you have read the message. But no worries, there are several tricks to read that message without this blue tick. Turning on your smartphone Airplane mode” is one of those options.
1. First, you have to turn on the Airplane mode in your smartphone. This will disable access to Wi-Fi and mobile signals.
2. Then open your WhatsApp, read that particular message you want to read.
3. Then finally, clear out the recent apps list and you are good to go.
After doing this, the sender will never find out that you have read the message.
Read Also, WhatsApp now comes with Fingerprint lock
Method 2 – Disable WhatsApp Last Seen
This is another method by which you can avoid the blue ticks situation, Just follow the steps mentioned below-
1. Open WhatsApp and then tap on the option “Settings“.
2. Then find the option “Account” and tap on it. You will then find new options and under those new options find “Privacy” and click on it.
3. You will then find an option “Last seen“. Tap on it and select the option “Nobody“. And that’s it.
Method 3 – Disable Read Receipts
1. This option is present under Settings >> Account >> Privacy.
2. Locate the “Read Receipts” option and then disable it as shown in the image below.
Now, your message will not be marked as read even though you have read the message.
Method 4 – Read WhatsApp messages using the Android widget
1. All Android phones support widgets. You will find a WhatsApp screen widget in the widget depository.
2. Tap and hold that WhatsApp widget to drag it to your home screen.
3. From now onwards you don’t have to open your WhatsApp to read any incoming messages. Those will then be visible within this widget and will save you from the blue tick situation.
Method 5 – Enable Pop-up Notifications
WhatsApp has an interesting feature by which you can now view floating notifications of messages on the Lock Screen. But there is a small catch in it i.e. if the messages are ridiculously long then it will not work. This will only work for small messages. Here’s where you’ll find that option:
- Hide your WhatsApp profile photo in your Device
- Enable Dark Mode in WhatsApp
- How to unblock yourself on WhatsApp?
- WhatsApp’s Latest update to sign into multiple smartphones
- How to use WhatsApp on your PC?
- Important things about WhatsApp chats Archive feature
- WhatsApp now comes with Fingerprint lock
- Cool WhatsApp Tips and Tricks You Must Know
- How to block or unblock a contact on WhatsApp?