Sometimes you ran into an issue where your Windows started showing some errors after you have done changes in your system whether it is when you installed a new driver, an update has happened or you did some changes in your Windows 10 registry. But we suggest that before spending any time on troubleshooting the problem, you can also undo the changes using a previously created restore point. So it is always suggested to always create a System Restore point before doing any major changes in your Windows 10 System. This guide will help you to understand how to recover Windows using a System restore point.
By default, Windows automatically creates a system restore point periodically. It also creates the restore point when Windows detects a major change happening to your system. That includes the installation of Windows Updates, Drivers, or at times Software. But you do it manually also.
If you want to learn about how to create a system restore point in Windows 10 just follow the link – Create a System Restore Point In Windows 10
How to recover Windows Using System Restore Point?
More on Windows:
- Enable Num Lock on restart OR startup in Windows 10
- How to backup and restore the registry in Windows 10?
- File Explorer is working very slow – SOLVED
- How to customize the Windows 10 start menu?
- How to enter to BIOS in Windows 7/8/10?
To recover Windows 10 to the restore point you had created follows the steps mentioned below-
1. Open Start Menu. Type “recovery” in the text box of the start menu.
2. On the top you will see “Recovery” under Control Panel. Click on it.
3. Once you see the “Advanced recovery tools” Window, click on the Option “Open System Restore”.
4. Then you see a System Restore Window. Click on “Next”.
5. Then you have to select the restore point you created earlier that you want to use on your computer. Then click on “Next”.
6. Then click on the “Finish” button and then you are done. Once you complete all the above steps, System Restore will return your computer to the previous restore point.
- How to set up Cortana on Windows 10?
- Windows 10 important useful features
- Windows 10 hibernate option in the start menu
- How to open a command prompt while installing Windows?
- How to customize the Windows sleep mode setting?
- Create a system restore point in Windows 10
- How to Backup and restore the registry in Windows 10?
- How to enter BIOS Windows 7/8/10?
- Enable Num Lock On restart or startup in Windows 10
- Windows Power and Sleep Options
- File Explorer is Working Very Slow – SOLVED
- How to customize the Windows 10 Start Menu?
- Hide your WhatsApp profile photo in your Device
- Enable Dark Mode in WhatsApp
- How to unblock yourself on WhatsApp?
- How to read WhatsApp messages without letting your sender know?
- WhatsApp’s Latest update to sign into multiple smartphones
- How to use WhatsApp on your PC?
- Important things about WhatsApp chats Archive feature
- WhatsApp now comes with Fingerprint lock
- Cool WhatsApp Tips and Tricks You Must Know
- How to block or unblock a contact on WhatsApp?