In WhatsApp, your chats are automatically backed up and stored on a daily basis to your phone’s memory. Depending on your chat settings, you can also periodically back up your WhatsApp chats to your Google Drive account. If you uninstall WhatsApp from your smartphone but don’t want to lose any of your messages, be sure to manually back up your chats before uninstalling. Here we will tell you about how to save your chat history in WhatsApp?
How to Backup chats?
- Open your WhatsApp. Tap on More Optionsicon and tap on Settings.
- Go to Chats > Chat backup > BACK UP.
Read Also, How to restore WhatsApp chat history?
Export your chat history
In order to export a copy of the chat history from an individual chat or a group chat, you will need to use the export chat feature as follows-
- Open your WhatsApp.
- Then open an individual chat or group chat.
- Tap on the More Options icon > More > Export chat.
- Choose whether to export your chat without media or with media.
Note: An email will be composed of your chat history attached as a .txt document.
We hope that you have understood how to save your chat history in WhatsApp. If you like reading from our website please share our website link with your friends and others.
- How to restore WhatsApp chat history?
- How to manage conversation tones?
- Important things about WhatsApp chats Archive feature
- How to use two-step verification on WhatsApp?
- How to unblock yourself on WhatsApp?
- WhatsApp now comes with Fingerprint lock
- How to configure auto-download in WhatsApp?
- How to block or unblock a contact on WhatsApp?
- Cool WhatsApp Tips and Tricks You Must Know
- WhatsApp increases group call limit
- WhatsApp Status Privacy Options