WhatsApp allows you to send media such as videos, photos, documents, your current location, or contacts to the other person. If you have not done it yet or don’t know how to do it or you want to learn more about this feature then you are most welcome. In this article, we will teach you how to send media on WhatsApp?.
How to send media on WhatsApp?
In order to share media, documents, location, or contacts, just follow these simple steps-
- Open an individual or group chat.
- Tap the Attach icon. Then, tap:
- Document to select any document from your phone.
- Camera to click a picture with your camera.
- Gallery to select an existing video or photo from your smartphone. You can also tap and hold to select multiple pictures.
- Audio to send any existing audio from your phone.
- Location to send your own current location or location of a nearby place.
- Contact to send the information about your saved contact from your phone’s address book.
- You can also add captions to videos and photos. You can also swipe between photos to add captions to each one.
- Then tap the Send icon.
Note: The maximum media size allowed is 100 MB. In order to send a document, the document must be saved locally on your smartphone. Any document downloaded on WhatsApp will be automatically saved in your WhatsApp Documents folder. The location of which is WhatsApp/Media/WhatsApp Documents. This can be accessed with a file explorer app.
Forward documents, locations, media, or contacts
Above your learned how to share media, documents, location, or contacts from your phone. But do you know that you can also forward media, documents, locations, or contacts? It means if you want to forward any media, documents, contacts, or locations, you don’t have to upload them again.
- Open your individual with the other person or your group chat from where you want to forward the message.
- Tap and hold the type of message you want to forward. You can also select many messages at a time.
- Tap the Forward button.
- Now, select the chat you wish to forward the message to.
- Tap the Send icon.
Note: Any of the forwarded messages that weren’t originally sent by you will display a “Forwarded” tag. Also, the Captions of the media won’t be forwarded along with media.
- How to change your WhatsApp status Privacy settings?
- Enable Dark Mode in WhatsApp
- How to unblock yourself on WhatsApp?
- How to read WhatsApp messages without letting your sender know?
- Important things about WhatsApp chats Archive feature
- How to use WhatsApp on your PC?