During the lockdown period due to Coronavirus, it is in one’s best interest to restrict physical contact even while making payments to get essentials. The online payment applications and mobile wallets have made it easier for everyone to send and receive money without making any physical contact. WhatsApp has launched UPI payment in 2020. WhatsApp Payments uses the country’s Unified Payments Interface (UPI) framework. Through this, you can send as well as receive money through your UPI-linked bank accounts. If you do not know how how to send money on WhatsApp, then you can get started with payments on WhatsApp by going through this very article.
How to set up payments on WhatsApp?
In order to start sending or receiving payments on WhatsApp, you’ll first have to link your bank account to WhatsApp. In order to link your bank account to WhatsApp read How to add your bank account in WhatsApp?.
How to send money on WhatsApp?
Sending money through means of WhatsApp is very straightforward. The payment option shows up directly in the chat window. You can only send money to your contacts after you’ve added your bank account to WhatsApp. In order to send money via WhatsApp, just follow these simple steps:
STEP 1: Open your WhatsApp. Go to the Chat with the person to whom you’d like to send money. Tap on the Attach icon > Payment.
STEP 2: Then tap on the Continue option to verify your debit card information.
STEP 3: You will then need to enter the last 6 digits of your debit card number along with the expiration date. Then tap on Done > Set Up UPI PIN.
STEP 4: You will receive an SMS containing the OTP (One Time Password). Type the OTP under the ENTER OTP section. In order to re-send the OTP to your phone just tap on the Resend OTP option.
STEP 5: Then you will need to create a UPI (Unified Payment Interface) PIN (Personal Identification Number). Enter this UPI PIN number under the SETUP UPI PIN section. Then tap on Submit.
STEP 6: Once all the setup is complete, tap on Done.
Read Also, How to Receive money on WhatsApp?
- You may also be asked to enter your UPI PIN number before sending payment.
- The description for the payment is optional and won’t show up in your bank statements.
- Once the money is sent, the transaction details will be listed in that particular chat, including the transaction ID.
- Once the payment has been completed, you may receive a confirmation SMS from your bank.
- Keep in mind that you won’t be able to send any money if your contact doesn’t have payments enabled. In that case, you’ll see the following pop-up message saying “To receive a payment needs to set up payments in WhatsApp by tapping Settings > Payments”
- How to add and remove group participants on WhatsApp?
- How to use live location on WhatsApp?
- Enable Dark Mode in WhatsApp
- How to manage your notifications on WhatsApp?
- How to unblock yourself on WhatsApp?
- Important things about WhatsApp chats Archive feature
- How to exit and delete groups in WhatsApp?
- How to read WhatsApp messages without letting your sender know?
- WhatsApp now comes with Fingerprint lock
- How to clear chats in WhatsApp?
- How to make a WhatsApp Group Video call?
- Cool WhatsApp Tips and Tricks You Must Know
- How to back up to Google Drive in WhatsApp?
- How to edit a WhatsApp broadcast list?