Cortana is your truly personal digital assistant and if you want, she can always be at your fingertips, ready to help you find anything on your Windows 10 PC, give information about the weather forecast, and make sure you don’t miss any important dates. It provides answers and completes basic tasks, learns over time to become more useful every day. How to Set Up Cortana on Windows 10?
By default, Cortana assistance is not enabled on your Windows 10 PC, but it doesn’t take long to set her up. But before you set up Cortana, you need a Microsoft account to use it.
How to Set up Cortana in Windows 10?
STEP 1 – First Sign in to Microsoft Account
You can use Cortana’s few basic functions without being signed in, but you can get the most functionality of it if you’re signed in to your Microsoft account. To do so, within the search window, hit the button that says “Cortana can do so much more“. When prompted, click the sign-in button and follow the on-screen instructions.
STEP 2 – Set up Cortana
In the search bar type “Cortana settings“. The first result you will see will be “Cortana & Search Settings” click it.
Then click on “Talk to Cortana” on the left panel of the window.
If you are the only user of your computer, click the blue text “Learn how I say ‘Hey Cortana‘” or you might see “Let Cortana respond to ‘Hey Cortana’“. Then, the search program will guide you through a series of tests to make sure your microphone is working correctly. The Cortana will then “learn” your voice so that you can interact with Cortana more easily and can access it with the phrase from any screen.
Then you can choose to Respond when anyone says ‘Hey Cortana‘”. But, if you want to make sure Cortana is obedient to you alone, tick the box that says “Try to respond only to me“.
Now, the Windows 10 Cortana is all set up and ready for you to use. Start typing something into the search bar, and watch her magic.
How to pin Cortana to your taskbar?
Although Cortana lies in your taskbar, she might not appear there by default. If you use Cortana a lot and don’t feel like opening it every time you need her, pinning her to your taskbar will be a good option to save time.
1) First, Right-click on the taskbar, locate Cortana and Click on it.
2) Then choose the option you want:
- Hidden – This will hide Cortana from the taskbar.
- Show Cortana icon – This will show a circle icon in the taskbar denoting Cortana.
- To enable Cortana’s search bar in your taskbar select the option Show Search box.
How to train Cortana to respond to your voice in Windows 10?
It is easy to train Cortana to only respond to your voice. By doing that no one would be able to activate Cortana by shouting out “Hey Cortana“.
In order for it to work you need to train Cortana to listen to your voice. First, make sure you are in a quiet place before you start these steps.
1) Open Windows settings and click on Cortana.
2) Click on the blue text “Learn how I say ‘Hey Cortana'” under Talk to Cortana.
3) After that, a new window will appear and you will see a Start button. Click on it.
Now from here, Cortana will instruct you to repeat six phrases, so make sure you say them loudly and clearly. When you’re done, Cortana will know your voice and respond only to your commands.
- Windows 10 important useful features
- Windows 10 hibernate option in the start menu
- How to open a command prompt while installing Windows?
- How to customize the Windows sleep mode setting?
- Create a system restore point in Windows 10
- How to Backup and restore the registry in Windows 10?
- How to enter BIOS Windows 7/8/10?
- Enable Num Lock On restart or startup in Windows 10
- Windows Power and Sleep Options
- File Explorer is Working Very Slow – SOLVED
- How to customize the Windows 10 Start Menu?
- Recover Windows using System Restore Point
- Hide your WhatsApp profile photo in your Device
- Enable Dark Mode in WhatsApp
- How to unblock yourself on WhatsApp?
- How to read WhatsApp messages without letting your sender know?
- WhatsApp’s Latest update to sign into multiple smartphones
- How to use WhatsApp on your PC?
- Important things about WhatsApp chats Archive feature
- WhatsApp now comes with Fingerprint lock
- Cool WhatsApp Tips and Tricks You Must Know
- How to block or unblock a contact on WhatsApp?