Truecaller is an application that has gained a good amount of popularity, primarily because it helps in identifying calls from unknown numbers, blocking calls, and avoiding spammers. However, that’s not all that you simply can do as there’s such a lot more than the app has on offer. You’ll make video calls, send flash messages, and even make payments. In this article, we will tell you How does Truecaller identify numbers?.
This particular application delivers an experience that goes beyond the restrictions of today’s phone book apps in order that people always have access to the proper information, people, and business they have. It allows you to look for contact information (based on name or number), identify incoming calls, and block calls you don’t want to receive – so, you never need to leave the service to seek out the proper contact.
Today, many users having smartphones are using Truecaller to trace out a lot of spam calls they get every day. But did you ever question/wonder –
How Truecaller actually work?
How does it know all the telephone numbers and caller ids?
If you searching for the answer to these questions then you have come to the right place. We will try to answer all these questions and clear out your queries in this very article.
How does Truecaller identify numbers?
1. If you want the names of unknown numbers you are getting then, you have to be a part of the Truecaller’s database by sharing your phone book contacts.
2. Now obviously, everyone who has installed the app has allowed this app to access their phone book.
3. As part of the end-user agreement, the Truecaller app asks the user to allow access to the user’s address book/contacts on the smartphone.
4. This data is then uploaded by the app to the company’s servers or databases. After passing through several data matching algorithms, this information is made available to all Truecaller users to search upon.
5. Anyone signing up for the first time with Truecaller has got to provide their permission to the app to let it upload the whole list of contacts. The uploaded contact information then merges with the prevailing database of phone numbers.
6. But there is a catch. For Truecaller to work you must enable internet connection in your smartphone. Then only it can fetch the data from the database and show it to you.
We hope that you might have understood the basic working of the Truecaller App. In the future, we will deliver more articles related to this amazing app, to tell you about the amazing features this app offers his users. So keep in touch with us. If you like this article, then kindly share and comment.
If you got curious and haven’t installed Truecaller yet then you can download this app from the official website, Truecaller.
- Top 10 richest people in India
- Difference between RAM and ROM
- NASA finds traces of water on Mars
- Artificial Skin-like Interface that Tickles
- Top 10 Youtube Channels of India in 2019
- 15 Inventions that will make your life much easier
- Some Ancient Inventions that Lost Over Time