WhatsApp consists of an interesting feature of sharing Live Location. This Live Location feature allows you to share your real-time location for a selected amount of your time with the participants of a private or group chat. You’ll control whether and the way long to share your live location. You’ll also stop sharing your live location at any time. Once stopped or expired, your live location is not any longer be shared. Individuals who you shared your live location with will still see the situation you shared as a static thumbnail image and may tap the image to ascertain your last updated location. If you haven’t shared your location to anyone yet and want to learn about how to use live location on WhatsApp then read this article carefully.
This feature is end-to-end encrypted, which suggests nobody can see your live location except the people you shared with.
Share your live location
- Before sharing your live location you must enable location permissions for WhatsApp in your smartphone’s settings.
- To do so, open your phone’s Settings > Apps & notifications > Advanced > App permissions > Location > turn on WhatsApp.
- Alternatively, you can also go to your phone’s Settings > Apps & notifications > WhatsApp > Permissions. Then turn on the Location.
- Open an individual or group chat in your WhatsApp.
- Tap the Attach icon. Then tap on Location > Share live location.
- Select the length of your time you want to share your live location. Your live location will stop being shared after the chosen amount of your time.
- You can also add a comment to the situation you’ve got shared.
- Tap the Send icon.
Read Also, How to save your chat history in WhatsApp?
Stop sharing your live location
If you want to stop sharing your live location in a specific chat or group, just follow these simple steps,
- Open your WhatsApp messenger. Then go to your individual or group chat.
- Tap More options > Settings > Account > Privacy > Live location.
- Finally, tap on Stop sharing > STOP.
- How to manage your notifications on WhatsApp?
- Hide your WhatsApp profile photo in your Device
- Enable Dark Mode in WhatsApp
- How to unblock yourself on WhatsApp?
- How to read WhatsApp messages without letting your sender know?
- WhatsApp’s Latest update to sign into multiple smartphones
- How to use WhatsApp on your PC?
- Important things about WhatsApp chats Archive feature
- WhatsApp now comes with Fingerprint lock
- How to block or unblock a contact on WhatsApp?
- How to make a WhatsApp Group Video call?
- Cool WhatsApp Tips and Tricks You Must Know
- How to make a WhatsApp Group Voice call?
- How to create a WhatsApp broadcast group?
- WhatsApp increases group call limit
- How to edit a WhatsApp broadcast list?