Among the users, WhatsApp Messenger has becomes the most popular messaging application. It not only lets you send messages over an internet connection but also allows you to video call to your partner or friends. It also helps you save your money on your phone bill. But do you know that you can also use WhatsApp on your PC? Yes, you read it right. It means that you can send messages from your computer to your loved ones directly on their phones. Here’s how to use WhatsApp on your PC.
For this, all you need is WhatsApp on your phone (here’s how to download it), and a PC connected to the internet.
Ways to Use WhatsApp in PC
- Use WhatsApp web.
- Install WhatsApp on PC and then use it.
Can I use WhatsApp on PC without installing it?
The answer to this question is YES. There is no need to install the WhatsApp application on your operating system in order to use it.
Use WhatsApp Web
First, you need to install WhatsApp on your smartphone if you haven’t installed it already. To download WhatsApp, you can either go to google play store or visit the website whatsapp.com/dl on your phone to download the APK.
Once you have installed WhatsApp, then go through the following steps:
1. Open the WhatsApp on your phone.
2. Go to Chats screen and select Menu and then WhatsApp Web.
4. After that, the WhatsApp scanner will activate like this,
5. Then, go to web.whatsapp.com on your computer using the web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc.). You will see a QR CODE on the computer screen like this,
6. Finally, point your smartphone to your monitor where the QR code is. Position the box to read the QR code correctly.
7. Once the QR code has been scanned, you will be logged in to WhatsApp Web👌 . Then you will be able to access all the chats directly from your Web browser like this,
8. When you are done, then logout from the WhatsApp Web. For this click on Log Out.
Using WhatsApp Web is a good option. But there is another way by which you can always use WhatsApp on your computer without logging in to your browser each time.
Read Also, Enable Dark Mode in WhatsApp
How to install WhatsApp on PC?
Install WhatsApp on PC
In order to install WhatsApp on your computer. go to the official WhatsApp website from your computer’s browser. But remember WhatsApp can only be installed on your computer if your OS is Windows 8.1 (or latest) or macOS 10.10 (or latest). For all other operating systems, use WhatsApp on your browser here.
1. Once you have downloaded the WhatsApp application in your PC, double-click on the WhatsAppSetup and then click on Run.
2. After that, a new window will appear which will ask you to scan the QR code with your smartphone. Read the instructions given and you will be able to use WhatsApp on your PC.
3. Once you have scanned the QR Code with your smartphone, WhatsApp will activate on your Computer. Then you will be able to send messages to your friends directly from your PC.
Note: You must keep your phone connected to the internet while you use the WhatsApp web client. The WhatsApp application syncs directly with your mobile device, so a Wi-Fi connection is necessary to avoid racking up data charges.
Read Also, How to unblock yourself on WhatsApp?
Limitations of WhatsApp on PC and Web
Certain WhatsApp features that are available on your mobile device are not available on your computer. For example, you cannot invite people from your address book to join WhatsApp on using it on PC. You also don’t have the luxury to share your location or a map. Also, you won’t be able to continue a conversation if your mobile phone runs out of battery.
- Hide your WhatsApp profile photo in your Device
- Enable Dark Mode in WhatsApp
- How to unblock yourself on WhatsApp?
- How to read WhatsApp messages without letting your sender know?
- WhatsApp’s Latest update to sign into multiple smartphones
- How to use WhatsApp on your PC?
- Important things about WhatsApp chats Archive feature
- WhatsApp now comes with Fingerprint lock
- Cool WhatsApp Tips and Tricks You Must Know
- How to block or unblock a contact on WhatsApp?