Almost everyone who is using a smartphone knows WhatsApp. It is one of the most popular instant messaging apps. It has a long list of features and supports a wide range of devices. But do we really know its full potential? Do you want to get the most out of the platform? We’ve got a few cool WhatsApp Tips and Tricks You Must Know.
What are the Cool WhatsApp Tips and tricks you must know?
The answer to this lies in this article, so just make sure that you read the whole article very carefully. Let’s get started with COOL WHATSAPP TIPS AND TRICKS YOU MUST KNOW.
Read Also, How to unblock yourself on WhatsApp?
Create bold, italic, or strikethrough text
This feature is already there in the WhatsApp but you’d be surprised to know that many people don’t know about this cool trick.
1) To make words bold simply put an asterisk (*) behind the word and also at the end of it. For e.g. *hello*. This will make the word bold like this “hello“.
2) To make words italic simply put an underscore (_) behind the word and also at the end of it. For e.g. _hello_. This will make the word italic like this “hello“.
3) In order to make words strikethrough simply put a tilde (~) behind the word and also at the end of it. For e.g. ~hello~. This will make a strike through the word like this “
WhatsApp trick to becoming invisible
Becoming invisible doesn’t mean that nobody would be able to see you on WhatsApp.
If you don’t want anyone to see you online or check your pics, status, or account info, use the following Cool WhatsApp Tips:
1. For Android Users: First, go to Menu. Then click on Settings, then click on Account and then Privacy i.e. Menu > Settings > Account > Privacy. Finally, change the settings of personal data visibility accordingly.
2. For iOS Users: Go to Settings, and open the Privacy tab. Then, change the settings.
Quote a message
To quote someone’s message, just swipe right on that particular message and it will appear at the top of the text field.
Thus, this will attach your response to the quoted text or picture for all to see. Then, just type your response and click on send.
This is another WhatsApp tricks that can actually help you save some precious mobile data while still receiving notifications and messages.
Disable the WhatsApp’s ability to download media on mobile data. To do this, Go to Settings > Data and storage usage > When using mobile data.
Set Low Data usage
WhatsApp has a cool feature that allows the user to do a video call or a normal call. But it can consume a fair amount of mobile data if you’re a heavy user or on a limited plan.
Still, there is no need to worry. WhatsApp allows you to reduce the data used in a call. Go to Settings > Data and storage usage > Low data usage, then enable the option “Low data usage“.
Set up two-step Verification
By default, when you change your device WhatsApp asks for your number and a one-time pin. However, enabling two-step verification means nobody can access your account on a new phone, even if they have your SIM card.
COOL WHATSAPP TIPS AND TRICKS YOU MUST KNOW
To enable this, go to Settings > Account > Two-step verification, then click on the Enable button. Then, you’ll be asked to create a six-digit pin for whenever you install WhatsApp to a new phone. You can also add your email address, in case you forget your PIN.
Sending group message without making a group chat
1. If you want to send the same message to a lot of people at the same time, then you can easily create a New Broadcast in WhatsApp.
2. Simply, go to Chats > Menu > New broadcast. Then, select the names of receivers. Your message will be delivered to every receiver you have chosen.
Delete a Broadcast Group
It is very simple to delete a broadcast group from WhatsApp. Simply click on your broadcast group. Then click on the “Delete broadcast list”.
Mute groups or contacts
Sometimes it gets very irritated when having a group that constantly devolves into a constant stream of memes and viral videos.
To mute the contact or group, tap and hold on them in the Chats menu. Then, you will see several icons in the top-right corner. Tap the mute icon, then specify a mute period (eight hours, a week, a year). Choose whether your desired option and tap OK.
Custom notification for a contact
Normally users have loads of contacts, so it’s understandable if you feel a little puzzled by message alerts. Fortunately, there’s a way to custom notifications.
To create a custom notification, enter a chat with the desired contact. From here, tap the name at the top of the chat window and choose Custom notifications.
The Customization options include changing the message notifications, vibrate, Popup notification, Call notifications, etc.
Share Live Location
It is quite easy to share live location on WhatsApp with your contacts. Sharing location with someone becomes important when the other person doesn’t know the exact place at which you currently are.
To do this, tap on the contact from the CHATS menu. Then from the message bar, tap on attachment then select the option Location.
As soon as you have select live location sharing, it gives you three options – 15 minutes, 1 hour, and 8 hours. You can also add a comment while sharing your current location.
Disable read receipts
In WhatsApp, the blue tick icon simply means that a message has been seen. If you prefer to avoid your contacts, you can disable read receipts by visiting Settings > Account > Privacy and disable the option Read receipts.
But you must remember that this works both ways. So, your contacts won’t see when you have read their messages and you also can’t see when they have read your messages.
View list of blocked contacts
To visit the list of who you’ve blocked, go to Settings > Account > Privacy. Then, scroll down to the Messaging section and tap Blocked Contacts.
If you want, you can also add contacts to the block list by tapping the icon in the top-right corner. It will take you to your Contacts list page, from where you can select the contacts you want to block.
Add contact to the home screen
If you chat a lot with one of your contacts and don’t want to open WhatsApp every time then there is a cool WhatsApp trick for that. WhatsApp lets you add contacts to your smartphone home screen.
To add a chat to your home screen, open the contact, then tap the three dots menu in the top right corner. From here, go to More > Add shortcut. Then tap “Add” or hold the icon to place it on your home screen.
Email chat logs
WhatsApp already has a feature that lets you back up your chat history to the cloud. But if you like to send a specific chat log to someone then you can always email the chat log via WhatsApp.
1. To do this, visit Settings > Chats > Chat history, then tap the option “Export chat“. Then your chat menu will pop up which will allow you to choose a specific contact or group’s chat history.
2. Once you’ve chosen the desired chat, WhatsApp will give you two options i.e. INCLUDE MEDIA or WITHOUT MEDIA.
3. Once you’ve made your decision, you’ll be able to select how you want to send the file. If you select the option Email, the chat log will be automatically attached in a new draft message.
- Hide your WhatsApp profile photo in your Device
- Enable Dark Mode in WhatsApp
- How to unblock yourself on WhatsApp?
- How to read WhatsApp messages without letting your sender know?
- WhatsApp’s Latest update to sign into multiple smartphones
- How to use WhatsApp on your PC?
- Important things about WhatsApp chats Archive feature
- WhatsApp now comes with Fingerprint lock
- How to block or unblock a contact on WhatsApp?