Windows mainly provide 4 power modes i.e. Shut Down mode, Sleep mode, Hibernate mode, and Restart mode. Many users always ask about the method to save battery power on laptops. The best answer would be to set the laptop on Hibernate Mode. The Hibernate option isn’t enabled in Windows 10 or any previous versions of it, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t enable it. You can easily enable the Windows 10 Hibernate Option in Start Menu.
What is the Difference Between Sleep and Hibernate Mode on a computer?
A) Sleep Mode
This mode is basically a power-saving state. In this case, all actions on the computer are stopped, any open documents or applications are put in memory i.e. RAM (Random Access Memory) while the computer goes into a low-power state.
The computer only uses a bit of power but stays on technically. Thus, you can resume the system to normal, full-power state within a few seconds.
B) Hibernate Mode
1. The Hibernate mode in the Computer is very similar to sleep mode. But instead of saving your open documents or running applications to RAM, it saves them in the hard disk of your’s laptop.
2. Therefore, this allows your laptop to turn off entirely. It means it uses zero power now. Once you power on the computer back again, it will resume everything where you left off.
3. Therefore, it just takes a bit longer to resume than sleep mode does since ultimately you have to start the computer again using the power switch button. The whole process will be repeated again but this time directly from the hard disk.
4. Always use this mode if you won’t be using your laptop for a longer period of time, and you don’t want to close your documents.
How to Enable Windows 10 Hibernate Option in Start Menu?
To enable Windows 10 Hibernate Option in Start Menu is a very simple and easy task.
Now, to add the Windows 10 Hibernate Option in Start Menu, read the article carefully.
STEP 1: Locate Power Options
First, Open the Control Panel from the Start Menu and then locate Power Options. Then, click on it.
STEP 2: Set Lid Settings
Once the Power Options windows open up, click on the option “Choose what closing the lid does” located on the left side plane.
STEP 3: Choose Hibernate Option
Then, click on the link “Change settings that currently unavailable” given on the top side of the Window. After that, you will see that the Hibernate option will become active.
Finally, click on the checkbox of the Hibernate Option and you are good to go.
Also, read the differences between different power options. Refer Guide To Windows Power and Sleep Options.
- How to set up Cortana on Windows 10?
- Windows 10 important useful features
- How to open a command prompt while installing Windows?
- How to customize the Windows sleep mode setting?
- Create a system restore point in Windows 10
- How to Backup and restore the registry in Windows 10?
- How to enter BIOS Windows 7/8/10?
- Enable Num Lock On restart or startup in Windows 10
- Windows Power and Sleep Options
- File Explorer is Working Very Slow – SOLVED
- How to customize the Windows 10 Start Menu?
- Recover Windows using System Restore Point
- Hide your WhatsApp profile photo in your Device
- Enable Dark Mode in WhatsApp
- How to unblock yourself on WhatsApp?
- How to read WhatsApp messages without letting your sender know?
- WhatsApp’s Latest update to sign into multiple smartphones
- How to use WhatsApp on your PC?
- Important things about WhatsApp chats Archive feature
- WhatsApp now comes with Fingerprint lock
- Cool WhatsApp Tips and Tricks You Must Know
- How to block or unblock a contact on WhatsApp?